- Agricultural Consultant
“Transforming LA’s urban landscape into sustainable and beautiful neighborhoods, one rooftop at a time is a labor of love.” – Ruth Meghiddo, Founder
Ruth Meghiddo founded Farm Urbana in 2013, with a vision for cities to be prosperous and sustainable. Our clients are forward-thinking developers and owners, who value innovation and anticipate the rewards for advancing a lifestyle amenity for their residents. We help them offer a desirable eco-friendly solution that is aesthetic and efficient.
Imagine city rooftops becoming an eco-friendly resource of bountiful vegetable gardens that consume 90% less water, little labor, a fraction of space and weight of traditional gardens. Imagine the gratitude to cultivate, harvest and share the fresh, nutritious produce locally with your community.
Ruth’s passion for urban farming began decades earlier, as a student at UCLA.
There, she published a pioneering thesis in sustainability, “Agriculture in Urban Environments: City and Farm Romance.”
Before UCLA, Ruth attended University of Rome, Italy, for a Master’s Degree in Architecture and Urban Planning. Her background in architecture and urban design inspired her to create vegetable garden solutions. She founded Farm Urbana to help urban residents experience cultivate nutritious, chemical-free, fresh food.
Farm Urbana offers consultation, design, installation, coaching, and maintenance that serves clients in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Farm Urbana is using the vertical Tower Garden system developed by Tim Blank.
- Farm Urbana's vision is to inspire healthy and sustainable living.
- Grow and harvest fresh produce locally and become self reliant
- Create communities by learning to cultivate and harvest together
- What makes Farm Urbana unique?
- Our eco-friendly minded clients value the return on investment with an amenity that stimulates healthy communities
Whom to Contact
- Mrs. Ruth MeghiddoPhone: (562) 310-3399Cell Phone: 562.310.3399
Within Greater Los Angeles Area